It's a map, of sorts, without all the messy lines.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Timeliness

As predicted, I am not a frequent updater. I struggle with this a lot. Why should I post, I ask myself, if I don't have anything clever or observant to say? Well, I should probably post because it's something I told myself I would do. Even if I don't have anything funny to say.

Life hasn't been unfunny, though, but it's not been particularly funny either. I've been riding Lola and writing a little. Classes for spring started and that is going to be the very definition of living hell, let me tell you. There's so much work to be done and not a lot of time to do it in - if I can make it through this semester, I feel like being a nurse is going to be easy peasy.

Well, okay, probably not, because it will be very different to being a student, but still. It's a thought that sustains me.

The conundrum I find myself in is a scholarship-related one. The hospital my school is most closely associated with offers some coveted scholarships, which cover tuition, books, all kinds of awesome stuff. The catch is that you have a 1-year commitment to that hospital after you graduate. The catch is, I hate Delaware. It's cold and miserable in the winter and hot and humid in the summer. It's polluted. It's ruled by one family in an almost monarchic fashion. It's too small.

I want to move south.

I also want a scholarship.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment