It's a map, of sorts, without all the messy lines.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm not good at things and promises

SO THAT WENT WELL.

Yeah, I totally posted every day. Psht, whatever. I was at the only hotel in the world without free wi-fi - all they have is this crappy business center. Seriously. Embassy Suites, no wi-fi, but I had wi-fi at Microtel two towns over in Hicksville, KY? Get your shit together, Embassy. I still love you though - free happy hour makes up for a lot.

Anyway so the event was crazy fun. No major injuries (Kristi Nunnink dislocated her elbow but that was blessedly the worst injury), and history was made; Mary King took first and second (yeah, that's right). King's Temptress won first, Fernhill Urco took second. Really exciting too was that third place was a young American rider, Sinead Halpin, who was out on her first **** excursion. Very cool! Her horse was lovelyyy.

And I ate super crappy food. We're talking fried oreos, fried green beans, fried catfish, fried pickles . . . are you picking up on a trend?

On a related note, I am seriously considering going on Weight Watchers. Details as they come. Seems like a sane, reasonable program though with good mobile support so I'd be able to keep up with it. Costs money, though, which is a down side. But what's $18/month for good health and feeling better in my body? I need to think about it.

Writing is stalling for now. I have 3 weeks of hellish exams, and I need to focus on class (which I should be doing right now . . . Oh hey, test tomorrow . . .). I wish I didn't and I wish I could just write because the weather is great and I'm in the mood to do it but it's just not realistic right now. I've got enough on my plate for the next few weeks with school and Lola (quit the telemarketing job, not sure if it's a win or a fail yet), that writing anything is just going to have to sit on the back burner. Makes me sad, but that's life. I'll pick it up again soon enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment